Saturday, February 13, 2010

Mardi Gras Disappointment.........






I am SO disappointed! I was selected to host a Zatarain's Mardi Gras House Party through this really cool site. I registered , answered a questionaire and was selected. Having lived in New Orleans for the first years of our married life, my husband and I were so EXCITED to have been selected. We had big plans!The party in a box arrived with so much great stuff! Beads, masks, coins, awesome Zatarain's products, recipes, party ideas, Mardi Gras trivia, coupons, a Zatarian's apron, my own party website to do all of my party planning and inviting.....the party planning had begun! Let's see.......Earl's shrimp dip to start off the night, some gumbo, some jambalya, some red beans and rice, some crusty, french bread.............and this!!!...............

Big Daddy LOVES himself some king cake and especially the one's from Meche's Donut King in Lousianna. They will ship these decadent, bad boys to you. His favorite is the raspberry and cream cheese filled king cake that weighs in around 10 POUNDS!!!! Yes, Ma'am!!! One of these was coming to MY house!!! The Cupcake Princess was set to bring a car load of college friends down for a Mardi Gras celebration. Her British exchange student friend really excited and the guys just happy to have free food. Friends had RSVP'd. Mardi Gras music was selected.......lesse le bon temps roulez...................
And then.....bronchitis hit! I haven't stopped coughing in 9 days. Steroids, cough medicine with codeine, antibiotics, a cortisone shot............my abs are KILLING ME!!!


So the big question is this...........is it possible to reschedule a Mardi Gras party during Lent? Hmmmmm.........what would you do?

~Allie

2 comments:

Ashley Hlavaty said...

I'm sorry you still aren't feeling well. And I hope you still get to have your Mardi Gras party! It sounds like a blast!

Alisa Noble said...

Oh no!!! That's terrible, Ally! I hope you feel better very soon.
Oh, and I'd go ahead... reschedule!