Friday, June 27, 2008
Saw this quote in a magazine and had to laugh!!! I LOVE shoes.....can never get enough of them and the greatest thing about them is that you can gain 10 pounds and your shoes will still fit!!! If I were a cat, what would make me purr? A beautiful pair of shoes, of course!!!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
It was my first outing since the stupid surgery and I was a little nervous about it, however, it turned out to be no big deal. Thank goodness the air conditioner was working in the theatre because it had been another hot, summer day. Anyway, Big Daddy and I were such proud parents. Acting has always been her passion and you can tell that she really enjoys what she is doing. And now that college is only a year away, the big questions are "What do I want to do?" and "Where do I want to go to college?". She's looking at the theatre world long and hard......who knows what the future will bring for our Drama Queen. I am so blessed to have the Cupcake Princess as my daughter........I love you dearly,peanut.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
I've been tagged by Alisa from http://lifeisabeautifulplacetobe.blogspot.com/ and I'm always up for some fun, even with a pillow on my belly, so here goes..........
1. What was I doing 10 years ago:
I was working in the Dallas fasion industry as an assistant designer, a job I loved, but it's hours and stress load didn't go well with raising a young Cupcake Princess.
2. Five things on my to-do list:
- Order Cupcake Princesses contacts refill
- Schedule appoint for Cupcake Princesses Senior portraits
- Start organizing photos for Cupcake Princesses High School scrap book that I'm making
- Register for Instructional Leadership Development course
- Rest and recover from stupid gall bladder surgery
3. 5 snacks I enjoy (how can I choose only 5?!)
- chips and salsa
- chips and queso
- chips and quacamole
- puffed cheetos
- peanut M&M's
4. Things I would do if I were a millionaire:
- pay off debt
- help out some family members
- send Cupcake Princess to NYU Theatre School
- go on another European River cruise with Big Daddy
- buy a villa in Tuscany and grow olives and sunflowers
- buy an apartment in downtown Vienna for me and Big Daddy to stay in during Opera Season
5. Places I've lived:
- Texas (Dallas, Denton, Killeen)
- Virginia (North and South Arlington)
- New York
Must go get dressed as one of my team mates from school is bringing over a dinner for me and the family. I work with some GREAT people!!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Today, however, I do get to spend Father's Day with my husband! I'm taking him to the movies to see The Happening. A thriller movie our daughter doesn't want to see so we're going while she's working. Usually we spend Sunday's catching up on what we didn't do during the week so today will be fun playing "hooky". Tonight we'll have dinner together as a family.
Dad's are wonderful people in daughter's lives. While they don't always understand us or our strange ways of FEELING things, they love us unconditionally. Since I'm not as eloquent as some, I've found a few thoughts about Dads that say it better than me:
There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself. ~John Gregory Brown, Decorations in a Ruined Cemetery, 1994
Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes. ~Gloria Naylor
A father carries pictures where his money used to be. ~Author Unknown
Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope. ~Bill Cosby
The greatest gift I ever hadCame from God; I call him Dad!~Author Unknown
So, to the two most wonderful Dads in the world, my father and my husband, I wish you the happiest of Father's Days and the biggest hug ever. I love you both more than you'll ever know.