Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Father's Day is here and I can't spend it with my dad, but did get to speak to him on the phone this morning. It's always good to talk to him because he's always interested in what I'm studying at the time in my Master's program. He's the prime example of someone who never grows tired of learning.

It's fun, too, to see him retired and relaxed and enjoying life to the fullest. And with the kids out of the house now, the dogs rule the roost!


Today, however, I do get to spend Father's Day with my husband! I'm taking him to the movies to see The Happening. A thriller movie our daughter doesn't want to see so we're going while she's working. Usually we spend Sunday's catching up on what we didn't do during the week so today will be fun playing "hooky". Tonight we'll have dinner together as a family.

Dad's are wonderful people in daughter's lives. While they don't always understand us or our strange ways of FEELING things, they love us unconditionally. Since I'm not as eloquent as some, I've found a few thoughts about Dads that say it better than me:

There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself. ~John Gregory Brown, Decorations in a Ruined Cemetery, 1994

Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes. ~Gloria Naylor

A father carries pictures where his money used to be. ~Author Unknown

Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope. ~Bill Cosby

The greatest gift I ever hadCame from God; I call him Dad!~Author Unknown

So, to the two most wonderful Dads in the world, my father and my husband, I wish you the happiest of Father's Days and the biggest hug ever. I love you both more than you'll ever know.



1 comment:

Alisa Noble said...

It sounds like ya'll had a wonderful day!
Alisa