Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday.....a much needed day off!

My friend, Maria, took this lovely photo at the Dallas Arboretum. Spring has certainly sprung in Texas!


Spring is a time for rebirth, new beginnings, and sunny days. Kinda feels like that is going on in our household as well. This sweet, little, cupcake princess.........
Has turned into this high school senior. Graduation is just around the corner and then she leaves for college in four months! A new beginning for all of us!!
I just found out that my interview was good enough to put me in the assistant principal job pool for my school district. Next fall, I may be an assitant principal........holy cow!!! Never DREAMED that would ever happen. And it probably means I will have to leave the school I've been at for 8 years. I work with SUCH a great group of people!!
With spring, however, the days get closer to summer break. I'm looking forward to that! More time to spend on my blog and finally getting some time this summer to do "creative" things, not just college work.

Wishing you and yours a delightful Easter weekend. May the sun shine where you are today.
~Allie

9 comments:

Cindy said...

Been meaning to get over there for weeks now (to the Arboretum)...perhaps next weekend.

Have a great weekend.

-c

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for stopping by. I just love meeting new friends!! Happy Easter to you too!!

Leslie said...

Those tulips are gorgeous!

And congratulations on being entered in the pool of assistant principal candidates. You must be a wonderful teacher!

Happy Easter to you!

rochambeau said...

Wow Allie,
Congratulations!! Hope you will be the new asst. Principal, YES I do hope!! You deserve it friend! You have worked very hard!

The cupcake Princess just keeps getting more and more beautiful!!

Happy Easter friend!
xox
Constance

Alisa Noble said...

I keep hoping to get over to the Arboretum, but just haven't had the chance to yet. The tulips are beautiful.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter, Allie!

Jeanne Oliver said...

So jealous that you have flowers already! We have dead grass!

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Thanks for stopping by - we are always on the lookout for Scottie lovers.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Jave

Amy Sutter said...

So happy for you and your new endeavor! Hoe you had a blessed Easter!
hugs,
Amy

Merisi said...

I hope you had a great Easter, Allie!

Would you believe that summer has broken out here? Temperatures nearing 80° for days and days. Lilac's blooming already.