Friday, November 26, 2010

Blessings and Thankfulness

Finally......a moment to breathe, to reflect, to rest, to regroup. As a second year Assistant Principal, the roller coaster ride hasn't slowed down. No time for creative moments and reflective thinking. But Thanksgiving has brought me 5 days to do just that. And so......I head to the lake in Central Texas. Time with family. Enjoying the big, Texas sky. Watching the sun sparkle on the lake. Who needs a spa retreat when you can just go home?

Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving full of blessings for peace and prosperity in the holiday months to come.

~Allison

3 comments:

rochambeau said...

So nice to know you can get away with your family to be with your parents at the sparkling lake!!
I'm thankful for meeting you Allie!
Oh, and yes....I DID read Girl in Hyacinthe Blue, years ago. Another good one!! Have you read Major Pettigrew's Last Stand?
So far it's VERY good~
Your pecan pie looks scrumptious!!

xox
Constance

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Isn't it nice to get away with family - I hope you had a restful weekend and go back to work refreshed - after all Christmas Vacation is not too far away.

xo
Lynn

Mya said...

Sounds like your family retreat came at a good time. It is so good just to leave it all behind and go away sometimes.
That pie is one of the prettiest pecan pies I have seen, and I love the pie pan (pan? it's not a pan...what do you call it? Aa pie baker? No. I can not think of the name...Oh well, if I see one, I am buying it.