Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Thoughts on the new year.....

While I consider myself a protestant, was raised in protestant churches, and attend a Presbyterian church today, there was a two year period in my life where I was immersed in the Catholic "world".  I attended a Catholic girl's school my junior and senior year in high school.  I learned all kinds of things in those two years....many things that had nothing to do with academics, but more to do with the variety of life that was around me.  I met my life-long, best friend during that time and she shared her "Catholic world" with me just by being in my life.  After attending my 30 year high school reunion a few years ago, new friendships were forged and old ones were rekindled.  One thing remained the same.......the strong, inner faith that these women have.  It's energizing!  And when these women link together, there's nothing that can't be dealt with.

One of them posted this on her Facebook page on New Year's Eve and it has really resonated with me.  I'm not an outwardly spiritual person.  That's something that is deeply private and personal to me.  However, this just seems too good to not share.

May 2013 bring us all peace, understanding, prosperity, and love...........always challenging us to be more and do more.

~Allie

From the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate

Daily Prayer for Monday, December 31
We can't help but think about all the things we should change in our lives, Lord.  While some want to lose weight or stop smoking, others resolve to be kinder or to make positive changes in their life.  Help us all to accomplish the things that are truly important and to focus our attention on doing things to benefit others. May we carry into the new year the lessons we have learned from the year now ending. Always challenge us to do more and be more. Amen.

3 comments:

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

What an inspiring and touching post.

Happy New Year, Dear Friend!!

Lynn

Merisi said...

Hello there!
What a wonderful surprise seeing your comment on my blog the other day! I hope everything is fine with you and yours. Wishing you a wonderful New Year,
Merisi

Cupshe.com said...

I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing!